Monday 4 February 2013

What IS up, side B?

James Ferraro's Sushi LP

Side B of new album not what it seems...


Wasabi, indeed. The second side of James Ferraro's excellent Sushi LP is not what it seems. Luckily I was at home today for Mr Postman to drop off my long-awaited LP and, well, side A was great (I've heard the digital copy umpteen times since its December release) but side B was...well...not side B.

Instead of E7, Jet Skiis & Sushi and the sublime SO N2U I was 'treated' to two booming, frenetic 1990s hard-trance workouts. The full laser beam/"all I wanna do is do it" treatment.

Not sure whether I'm being trolled hard n' rough by Lord Axe or whether it's a misprint. If Prince James Ferraro intended side B as a prank, then this would explain the month-long discrepancy between the digital release and this physical one. Pre-orders were sent a compensation download to account for the suddenly delayed physical release of the album in December. The d/l was intact and contained all tracks which, for the last month, I've been subjecting my wife, friends and students to whenever possible (it doesn't enhance learning, btw, just teases it). Thus, I know the album inside-out by now....whiiiiich made the Eyeball-Paul Sessions on Side B all the more surprising (but nonetheless, fucking hilarious).

A* for the tunes with extra credit for the gag...

No comments:

Post a Comment